Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Cameron and the boys always spoil me on Mother's Day!  I love when I have a special day to myself.  Early that morning I had to meet to help out with the youth at the Developmental Center.  It was so much fun, I love helping out w/ the disabled, they have such sweet spirits.  I was disappointed that I didn't get to sleep in and get breakfast in bed, but Cameron made up for that when I got home.  He made delicious loaded scrambled eggs, hash browns and french toast made with thick cinnamon swirl bread from Great Harvest Bread.

I also got a beautiful bouquet of roses, and a pearl necklace w/ matching earrings.  A couple of years ago I found out about a free pearl necklace deal a place in Provo was having so I went and stood in line to get me one!  So, when I found out they were doing the same deal again this year I jumped at the chance to get another strand and give it to my mom.  I told Cameron about the deal and he somehow snuck down there w/o telling me to get the matching pair of earrings they were also giving out for half the price.  He said he figured since he was there he might as well give me an extra strand of pearls since it was free.  What a wonderful surprise!  I had no idea, what a tricky guy he is. :)



Cade planted a flower in preschool for me :)

This is the flower I got from the Developmental Center, but the boys wanted to give it to me in a picture too. 

We went to church soon after this, and left a mess in the kitchen.  But, I came home afterward only to find it spotless!  Cam said he came home for a few minutes from church to clean it just so I could come home and relax.  I thought that was so sweet!  He then made a yummy steak dinner consisting of grilled green beans w/ mixed bell pepper and onions, a broccoli salad and huge baked potatoes.  We later went on a walk as a family and hung out together.  It was such a perfect day.  Thanks boys!!  I love ya'll!

No comments: