Monday, January 31, 2011

Snow, Decorating Cookies and Fun...

I just wanted to start out by complaining about the horrible snow plowing in our neighborhood. Do you see how far away the plow plowed from our driveway? We live on a cul-de-sac so I guess they think they only need to worry about 1 side of the street! The snow was so deep that Cam was kept getting his car stuck when he was trying to leave for work. He wasn't able to leave until 11:30 that morning (Dec. 30th)!! I was so frustrated that I kept calling Lehi City to talk to someone about their horrible plowing job, but no one answered. I left a message and a few hours later...


This showed up! That's right, I was pretty excited they actually listened to me and came back. This time they spent a few extra minutes and went a lot closer to the driveway, much better! It's so nice to be listened to every once in a while ;) (Oh our Christmas lights and hanging down b/c of one of the many wind storms we get.)

Later that day we decided we wanted to decorate sugar cookies. The boys loved it!


Especially the sprinkles!



The finished cookies, amazing right? I had some old gel frosting as well, so I thought I'd try it out on the cookies. Needless to say, they turned out pretty great! I think I'm ready to become a professional cookie decorator ;)

Connor enjoyed eating the icing, he wanted nothing to do w/ eating the actual cookie though!

The next day, the boys found their new favorite past time :)

Cade seriously carried this bag of toys everywhere he went until the handle broke. Now he carries them in a backpack!

No comments: